Who doesn't love a fresh, smelling car, especially that brand-new car smell? Unfortunately, the scent only lasts for a little while before odors and other distasteful smells invade your cabin. Over time, it can make your car rides very unpleasant and embarrassing when others ride with you. To keep your car smelling clean and fresh, try the following tips below:
- Take the trash out - Do you have fast-food wrappers, dirty napkins, and smell gym clothes lying around your car? To ensure these odors don't linger, remove them as soon as you get home.
- No smoking - Smoking does not only contribute to a lasting odor, but it can hurt your upholstery. It also diminishes your car's resale value if you want to trade it in or sell it eventually.
- Keep the inside of the vehicle dry - Water leaks or excess moisture can cause mildew or moldy odor in your car. Not only is it unpleasant, but it can be damaging to your health. Remember to close your windows and use floor mats to avoid water from seeping in.
- Use and replenish air fresheners - Many drivers love air fresheners, and you can pick and choose from many different scents. Remember to replace these air fresheners according to their instructions because the smell will die down over time.
- Clean and vacuum regularly - Vacuuming the carpets and upholstery will make a dramatic difference in the way the inside of your car looks and how it smells. We recommend investing in a portable handheld vacuum to make things easy and accessible.
- Shake out your floor mats - Cleaning and rinsing your car mats will help you get rid of any lingering crumbs, grime, and odors.
- Replace your cabin air filter on time - The cabin air filter helps block out dirt, dust, and debris. While its primary purpose is to supply your vents with clean air, replacing them will also eliminate odors.
For filter changes and other automotive services in Davenport, IA, please call or visit River City Tire & Automotive today.