Thanksgiving is nearly here, and the team at River City Tire & Automotive wants to express how grateful we are for our customers! We understand that many of you look forward to spending time with your friends and family, which means you might be doing some road traveling soon. With increased traffic, accidents and breakdowns are bound to happen. To avoid this dreadful nightmare, we thought we’d share some helpful tips for Thanksgiving road travel!
- Make Your Travel Plans More Flexible - If there’s room for you to avoid leaving during peak hours, you should definitely take advantage of that. Leaving a couple of days early or in the early hours of the morning are great ways to avoid congested traffic.
- Plan Your Route - It can be hard to predict how traffic will actually be. But, a good idea is to look up the different routes to see which ones are the best. And check out the rest stops along the way too. We recommend doing this again right before you hit the road. It will allow you to see the ETA, traffic conditions, etc.
- Refresh with Breaks - When traveling for long periods, it can be easy to wander off in thought or get tired or crampy. That is why we recommend taking rest breaks to use the restroom, get some fresh air, stretch, or even nap (if you have to).
- Pack Emergency Items - While the thought of anything bad happening on your road trip is never pleasant, it is not ever 100% impossible. Accidents can happen, from vehicle collisions to flat tires. We recommend packing several items that can help you just in case you run into any issues. They include a first aid kit, jumper cables, spare tire, tools, road flares, a flashlight with batteries, a portable charger, blankets, and more.
- Perform Maintenance and Inspections on Your Car - It is always good to do a rundown of every component that keeps your car safe, such as your tires, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, and fluids. You should make repairs or replacements where necessary.
At River City Tire & Automotive, we can assess your car before the holidays, so you can make it to your loved ones safely. A pre-trip inspection can go a long way. With our professional skills and expertise, we can pinpoint issues and fix them before they can become major problems or put a stop to your trip.
We welcome you to our auto repair shop for an inspection! Please give us a call or visit if you have any questions or concerns.